Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Council tax payment card

The payment card is your personal card that holds your name and your council tax reference number only. It is not a credit card and it has no value.

Council tax payment card

What to do

Keep your card safe until you receive your bill, which will inform you of the instalments that are due from you for the year.

Simply present your card, along with your payment, at your preferred outlet. The cashier will swipe your card to enter your account and payment details. Please ensure your card is returned to you and that you keep your receipt in a safe place, as it will help in the event of any query regarding your payment.

Where to make a payment

Using the card is easy and free. Payments can be made at outlets displaying the following logos:

Post Office  Post Office: Accept payment by cash, cheque or debit card.

PayPoint  PayPoint: Accept cash payments only.

e-pay and Payment Services  E-Pay and Payment Services: Accept cash payments only.

Find your nearest payment location, go to www.allpay.net.

Paying arrears using the card

This is possible, as long as you have an agreed arrangement. However, please do not mix payments for arrears with your current instalments. When paying arrears, in addition to your current instalment, please ask for the card to be swiped twice - once for your arrears and once for your current instalment. If the card is only swiped once, both amounts will be paid against your arrears and we will think you have fallen behind with your instalments.

Paying an instalment over the telephone

You can still pay your instalment over the 24-hour payment line. Just dial 01895 556699 and quote your eight digit council tax reference shown on the bottom left hand side of your card.

Replacement card

Your payment card is expected to last up to five years, but you will need a new one if you change address. If you are moving please contact us straight away. We will set up a new council tax account and send you a new payment card. Please do not dispose of your old card until you know you have completed paying the council tax at your old address.

If your card is lost or damaged, please call 0300 123 1384 (low call rate) and ask for a replacement.

Please note

The card holds the name of the council taxpayer and the account number, but not how much needs to be paid. If more than one person is liable for the council tax, all parties can use the card to make payments.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column

Contact us

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 12 Mar 2012 at 09:17