Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Railway noise

How to enquire about railway noise issues.


The council cannot normally take action to deal with noise from railway vehicles. For new railway lines, legislation provides for the provision of sound insulation to affected residential properties.

  • Network Rail - complaints about noise from trains not part of the London Underground network can be reported to the numbers provided at Network Rail.
  • Metropolitan, Piccadilly and Central Line - complaints about noise should be directed to the Customer Service Centre number provided at London Underground.

Where the noise is from engineering works you may also notify us so that we can alert the operating company and investigate on your behalf. The works may be subject to controls under a prior consent.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 21 Aug 2018 at 14:57