Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Experiencing financial difficulties

If you are on a low income or have recently become unemployed, you may be entitled to housing benefit and or council tax reduction.

The level of housing benefit or council tax reduction allowed will depend on:

  • the size of your family
  • your income
  • your capital/savings
  • the amount of council tax you are due to pay

The maximum amount of reduction you can receive for your council tax is 75 percent of your council tax.

Further information on council tax reduction »

Help and support

If you are experiencing financial difficulties and are unable to cope with your debts, don't try to cope alone.

Your local Citizens Advice Bureau will be able to advise and assist you on your current affairs.

Alternatively, you may wish to use the free help and advice service provided by the National Debt Line website  »

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 25 May 2018 at 10:05