Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


We investigate complaints of odour from all commercial land and premises with the exception of waste facilities.

You can report odour pollution based on the type of facility emitting the odour.

Waste facilities

  • composting sites
  • landfill sites
  • civic amenity sites

These premises are issued with an Environmental Permit from the Environment Agency. If you experience odour from these premises we recommend you report this by calling the Incident Communication Service on 0800 80 70 60.

Industrial premises with an environmental permit

Emissions from the following premises are controlled by permit conditions;

  • car resprayers above a specified solvent usage threshold
  • dry cleaners
  • petrol stations

Permits for the above premises are issued by the borough.

Cooking odours from kitchen extract systems

Please contact us if you are disturbed by unreasonable levels of cooking odours. It may be that some routine maintenance is due, for example to carbon filters fitted to the system. We ensure that all new food premises are equipped with effective odour control by requiring planning conditions be imposed at the application stage.

Report it

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 22 Aug 2018 at 09:41