Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Cooling tower and evaporative condenser notification

If you control non-domestic premises you must ensure that you notify the council of any cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the premises.

What you need to do before notifying

Licence laws

Notification must be in writing (including by electronic means if notifying online) on a form approved by the Health and Safety Executive. You must notify us of any changes to the notification information within one month of the change, in writing or via the online facility.

If the device ceases to be a notifiable device eg it becomes redundant or is dismantled, you must notify us as soon as possible so the register can be updated.

What you need to know before registering

There is no criteria that prevents anyone operating a cooling tower or evaporating condenser from registering.

Notification form

Once you have registered with the council, you must tell us about any change to the notification details that you have provided. Notification must be made within one month of the change occurring. If the equipment ceases to be notifiable, for example if you decommission it, you must notify the council as soon as possible.

Register now

Change of notification

Fees and charges

There is no charge for submitting a notification.

What happens next

We will process your application as quickly as possible and, in any event, aim to process the application within 30 calendar days. If your notification is not processed by the local authority within the timescales stated, tacit consent applies. This means that you may presume that you have successfully notified the council if you have not heard from us by the end of our target completion period. If we have not contacted you, please get in touch with us.

Note: Tacit consent will only apply for applications that you submit electronically or when your business can show proof of delivery from a post office or recognised courier.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 08 Aug 2018 at 13:27