Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


Noise nuisance from motorcycles comes in two types.


Bikes ridden on the road

The rider must wear a helmet and have all the necessary legal requirements in place, such as insurance, MOT, road tax and the machine must be in fully legal condition for use on the road, including an adequate exhaust system. Enforcement in respect of any failures to observe these requirements is dealt with by the police and you can report to police by phoning 101. Police also have powers to enforce against anti-social vehicle use, such as pulling wheelies or burn out of tyres, creating noise.

Bikes ridden off road on land without the owner's consent

For example parks or common land, is an offence under Road Traffic legislation. We can attempt to secure the area to prevent access for motor-cycles, whilst retaining access for pedestrians and people with disability. Police have powers to enforce against riders committing offences, and in certain circumstances can confiscate machines. However, catching the offenders in the act is difficult, so information from the public is needed such as:

  • registration numbers of the vehicles
  • any identity information about who the rider is (if this is known)

This information is vital and should be collected before a report is made to the council.

Report noise

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 10 Jul 2018 at 09:36