Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

More assistance for pensioners

If you or your partner has reached state pension credit age, another way to help you pay less council tax is to apply for a second adult rebate.

This rebate is not based on the money or savings you have, but on the money the other person (or people) who lives with you has.

A second adult rebate may be paid if there are other people living in your home who are on a low income or state benefits and who are not liable to pay council tax. The rebate can be paid even if you do not personally qualify for council tax reduction.

You cannot claim second adult rebate if the other person (or people) living in your home are:

  • a joint owner or tenant with you
  • your married or unmarried partner, unless they are not counted for council tax purposes

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 08 Mar 2016 at 12:42