Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Change in circumstances

If you are already receiving council tax reduction (CTR) with Hillingdon council, and your circumstances have changed, this may affect the amount we pay you.

Please note: If you are not able to submit your form please send an email to Benefits@hillingdon.gov.uk stating your name and address along with details of the change, please also attach any supporting documents.

You need to tell us about changes as soon as they happen.

If your income goes up and you do not tell us about the change straight away, you will be paid too much CTR. When we find out about the change you will be asked to pay the money back.

Please note: If you are not receiving council tax reduction and you want to advise of a change regarding your council tax account please send an email stating your name, address, council tax account number and the details of the change to counciltax@hillingdon.gov.uk.

What we need to know

You need to tell us if you, your partner, your non-dependant or dependant child:

  • start or stop receiving benefit payments
  • start or stop receiving pension payments
  • start or stop receiving tax credits 
  • start or stop working
  • become a full-time student
  • leave school or education
  • have a change to the amount of income ie wage increase/decrease
  • have a change to the amount of savings, if you and your partners savings total over £6,000
  • if you are going to be away from your property for four weeks or more (you need to let us know before you go away). Please see the rules on temporary absence
  • someone moves in or out of your household
  • a new addition to your household, such as a new baby
  • you move home

We will normally need to see evidence of the change, please upload a scanned image or digital photo of your documents to your change in circumstances form.

Change in circumstance form

If the documents are not currently available please complete and submit the change in circumstances form and provide the scanned image or digital photo of your documents within one month using the providing additional documents form. You could also send them by email to benefits@hillingdon.gov.uk.

If you do not have access to a computer, self serve computers are available for free in the benefits reception at the Civic Centre Uxbridge where help is available between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday with a last entry of 4.30pm. There is also a self serve area at Hayes One Stop available between 9.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday with a last entry of 4.30pm, help is available between 9.30am and 12.30pm.  You can also use the computers for free at any of the Hillingdon libraries (please make sure you ask to be booked onto the computer with the scanner)

Note: Hillingdon libraries can only offer access to computers, there will be no support available to complete applications or scan documents.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 01 Apr 2019 at 00:01