Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Same sex marriage

The Marriage Act (Same Sex Couples) 2013 came into effect in March 2014.

Same sex couples, who are not currently in a civil partnership, are allowed to marry each other in a register office, an approved premises or a registered religious building where the religious organisation has agreed to do so.

If you are in a civil partnership, you can convert it into a marriage at a single appointment at a register office or it can include a ceremony at any venue which is licenced for same sex marriages.

Please contact the Register Office for more information or visit gov.uk.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 05 Dec 2018 at 14:17