Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Planning advice

We encourage discussion before submission of an application for development and provide pre- application advice for anyone considering proposals within the borough.

Why seek pre-application advice for developments

The service is designed to:

  • make you aware of any likely issues that may affect the outcome of your development proposals
  • provide positive recommendations to a scheme
  • deter applications that have little or no prospect of success

The advice benefits the applicant by speeding up the development process and minimising the costs of submitting subsequent or unacceptable applications.

Types of advice we offer 

View duty planning service
View full pre-application advice

To make a request for pre-application advice please submit the correct form, supporting plans/details and pay the relevant fee for this service (if applicable).

Sending party wall notices to us

If you are intending to do some construction works on, or in close proximity to, the boundary between adjoining properties then this may require a party wall notice. Where the property is adjoined to a council property then the party wall notice will need to be issued to the Mayor and Burgesses of Hillingdon and sent to the following address:

Capital Programme Works Service
Hillingdon Council
2E/10 Civic Centre
High Street 
Uxbridge UB8 1UW

We will review the notice and plans and respond to the acknowledgement. Please note: To protect our assets, we will generally appoint a surveyor to act on our behalf. 

Planning performance agreements

It is highly recommended that you enter into a Planning Performance Agreements (PPAs) for larger and more complex major planning proposals. The key advantage to entering into a PPA is the council will have the resources in place making sure the application proceeds through the process in a timely fashion and results in a high quality development. 

Mandip Malhotra (mmalhotra@hillingdon.gov.uk) and Noel Kelly (nkelly@hillingdon.gov.uk) are available to discuss the details of a PPA. The PPA typically involves funding from the developer allowing the authority to hire an additional planner as a dedicated case officer for your proposals. 

View a copy of the Planning Performance Agreement template [91KB].

Order copies of a planning decision notice

Planning applications which were given a decision after 2003, are available online where you can download copies of all associated documents.

If you require a copy of a planning decision notice to be sent via post, please complete the online form. Please note you will need to know the planning application reference and there will be a charge of £15 per document. If you do not know the application reference number, it can be obtained using the planning search.

Order now

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:00