Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search


Friends, family, girlfriends or boyfriends ... handling relationships is a difficult part of growing up. One minute you get on, the next minute you could be arguing.

Young people

Every relationship has its ups and downs - just think how boring it would be if everyone got on all the time.

Dealing with the highs is easy, as this is the best bit of a relationship, but dealing with the lows can be pretty difficult. By simple communication you can often work things out.

Who can help?

If you are 12 to 16 and want advice about anything from relationships, bullying, exams or problems at home, then visit the Childline website.

If you want free advice about anything to do with sex, relationships, contraception or sexual health call the Sexwise helpline on 0300 123 7123 and speak to one of their advisers.

Sometimes a member of your family will have a problem which they will receive help and advice for. Sometimes their problem may have an impact on your life which might be overlooked.

There are organisations that can support and advise young people with any sort of problems, but there are also organisations who offer support for specific problems such as domestic violencealcohol abuse, or caring for ill or disabled family members.

Useful website

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 03 Apr 2019 at 12:30