Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Self-build and custom house building

Where an individual/associations of individuals register to build their own home or contracts a builder to create a 'custom built' home for them.

Hillingdon has a register to collect data on those who are interested in building or designing their own homes in the borough of Hillingdon.

Eligibility criteria

Applicants must meet all of the eligibility criteria for entry on the register. Each individual applicant and every member of an association of individuals that applies for entry on the register must be:

  • aged 18 or older
  • a British citizen, a national of a EEA State other than the United Kingdom, or a national of Switzerland
  • seeking (either alone or with others) to acquire a serviced plot of land in the relevant authority's area to build a house to occupy as that individual's sole or main residence

Note: Couples or members of one household should nominate one member of the couple or household to apply for entry on the register as an individual. When applying to be entered on the register, individuals who wish to register as an association must appoint a member or officer to act as the lead contact for the purposes of correspondence between the association and the council.

 Register now

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 30 Apr 2019 at 09:17