Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Are you at risk of flooding?

There are different types of flooding. You may be affected by flooding from a variety of sources such as rivers, from surface water ponding on a road, groundwater, and from reservoirs.

Local Flooding

The Environment Agency have produced maps to show if you are in an area likely to be affected by flooding:

Flood maps for rivers and sea, surface water and reservoirs.

Locations of ordinary watercourses, areas defined as critical drainage catchments as well as information provided by the Environment Agency and other useful water information can be found on the following map produced by the council:

Flood and water information map

If you are buying a property and want to know your risk - if your property has suffered from flood damage in the past, if there is a history of flooding in your neighbourhood or you are within an identified flood risk area or if you are trying to get a report for insurance purposes.

  • You can ask the Environment Agency for an Insurance related request letter or a Flood History report, which provides information on the flood risks to your property, and any flood defences or projects in the area.
  • Get a Flood Risk Report from a surveyor to provide to your insurance company. what information you can provide to help reduce your premiums. They often ask for a information on what is being done in the area to reduce risk.
  • The National Flood Forum property level protection contain information on what defences you may be able to put in place to reduce the risk of flooding.
  • The Environment Agency also provides some useful guidance getting insurance.
  • The Government has been working more closely with insurers in the UK, delivering a new way of dealing with and offering flood cover on home insurance. Flood Re has been created, and has produced a Flood Re leaflet [161KB] which is a useful summary of what Flood Re does.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 04 Dec 2018 at 12:05