Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

What is CTR

To claim CTR you or your partner must be the person responsible for paying the council tax (the person whose name is on the bill).

You are not liable to pay council tax until you reach age 18. If both you and your partner are responsible for paying the council tax, only one of you needs to apply for CTR.

You will only be entitled to apply for CTR for a property if you actually live there. It must be your only or main residence.

The following people are not eligible to apply:

  • anyone who has capital/savings over £16,000 (however if you or your partner receive the guarantee credit element of pension credit, you can apply)
  • most full time students - if a student is not entitled to CTR, but they have a partner who is not a student, the partner should apply

Entitlement calculator

To find out if you are entitled please use the 2018/19 online benefit calculator. (this is due to be updated soon)

If you feel you are eligible you can now apply for CTR.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 07 Mar 2019 at 15:41