Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Housing grants

Information about adapting or improving your home including disabled facilities, renovation and energy conservation grants.

Group of houses

The Council's Private Sector Housing section deals with Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) for those who do not live in houses run by Hillingdon Housing Services. (Hillingdon Housing Services have their own scheme for adaptations for their tenants).

Eligibility for housing grants

Are you disabled, or is someone living with you disabled? Does the house you live in need facilities or adaptations to enable the disabled person to continue to live there?

If the answer to both of these questions is 'yes' then you may qualify for financial help with adapting your home, and this is can be available to both tenants and owner occupiers.

Smart ways to save money on fuel bills.
This is a discretionary means-tested grant for owner occupiers over the age of 65, who have lived in the property needing works for at least five years, to help remove hazards that are likely to cause imminent harm to health such as no heating, structural collapse, or extreme damp.
The council's Adaptations Team deals with mandatory Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) for privately owned and rented properties.
The most important thing you need to know is if you carry out any repairs and improvements before you make a proper application and get approval for a grant you won't get any grant at all.
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 04 Oct 2018 at 15:07