Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Gambling licence

If you provide gambling facilities, you may need three different types of licence - an operating licence, a personal licence and a premises licence.

Statement of gambling licensing policy casino

The Gambling Act 2005 requires licensing authorities to prepare and publish a Gambling Policy [525KB] every three years, which outlines the principles they propose to apply when exercising their functions. It modernises the law on gambling and provides for a unified regulator for gambling, the Gambling Commission.

The Gambling Commission have powers to deal with gambling-related offences. The licensing authority will work closely with the Gambling Commission in exchanging information on premises licence holders, permit holders, and any related enforcement work carried out by licensing officers.

Licensing objectives

The Gambling 2005 Act introduces three licensing objectives which underpin the functions of the Commission and the council.

  • Preventing gambling from being a source of crime or disorder, being associated with crime or disorder, or being used to support crime.
  • Ensuring that gambling is conducted in a fair and open way.
  • Protecting children and other vulnerable persons from being harmed or exploited by gambling.

Types of licence

The council will issue premises licences for the following premises:

  • adult gaming centres
  • betting shops
  • bingo halls
  • casinos
  • family entertainment centres
  • racing tracks

The council will also issue permits in respect of gaming machines in pubs and clubs and small society lottery registrations.

Application forms

If you are uncertain whether you require a licence, please use gov.uk licence finder.

Gaming machine notifications and permits on licenced premises

Licensed premises may provide gaming machines under the Gambling Act 2005.

Pubs and members' clubs that hold a premises licence or club premises certificate under the Licensing Act 2003, may provide gaming machines for use by their customers/members.

Apply now

Further information

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 20 Jan 2020 at 15:16