Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Requesting environmental information

The Environmental Protection Unit can provide specific environmental information in relation to air quality, land contamination or other issues.

The following information can be accessed online:

Public register information (under various legislation) is also available free for inspection at the Civic Centre, Monday to Friday during normal office hours. These include:

  • Contaminated land
  • Part A prescribed process authorisations (IPPC)
  • Part A2/B prescribed process authorisations (IPPC/IPC)
  • Radioactive substances authorisations
  • Waste management licenses/Environmental permits

Please contact the Environmental Protection Unit to make an appointment. There will be a charge for printing/photocopying of information. Please note more up to date public register information may be available at the Environment Agency Public Register webpage for regulations where they act as the enforcing authority.

Where a request for environmental information is received by the Environmental Protection Unit, it will be dealt with under the Environmental Information Regulations (EIR) 2004 and not Freedom of Information (FOI).

Contaminated land enquiry form

If you require any other information that is not readily available, please contact the Environmental Protection Unit. Requests for information are preferred in writing asking specific questions about a specific site and where appropriate accompanied by a location map indicating the boundary of the site in question. A response to the enquiry will be provided in 20 working days. This may include directing you to the actual holder of the information, or indicating if the information can be provided and details of any charge that may be incurred.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 16 Nov 2021 at 16:54