Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Disagreeing with our assessment

There are various things you can do if you do not agree with any decision we have made in assessing your claim or the amount of council tax reduction (CTR) you have been awarded.

If you do not agree with any decision we have made in assessing your claim or the amount of CTR you have been awarded you can:

Ask us for more information

If you want to know more about how your CTR has been worked out, please ask us and we will send you more details. You can write, telephone or email us with this request.

Ask us to look again at our decision

If you think your CTR is wrong or you do not agree with our decision you can ask us to look again at how we have worked out your council tax reduction. This is sometimes called a review or reconsideration. You should complete a request for a revision form stating where you think we are wrong.

Take your case to appeal

If you are still not happy after we have reviewed/reconsidered our decision you can take your case to the Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS). A request to appeal must be in writing, signed by you and sent to the VTS within two months of receiving a written response from the council.

The VTS is an independent tribunal made up of people who are not from the Local Authority.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column

Contact us

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 23 Jul 2018 at 12:02