Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Free Early Education Entitlement Funding (FEEE)

Two to four year olds can access free early education entitlement sessions across the borough.

  • Two year olds can access free early education only if their parents meet eligibility criteria.
  • All three and four year olds can receive the entitlement from the term after their third birthday.

A funded place can be provided for up to 15 hours of free education a week for up to 38 weeks a year (a maximum of 570 hours a year). If you want to access these hours over more than 38 weeks, fewer hours would be provided each week.

Sessions are available with:

  • private and independent nurseries
  • childminders
  • playgroups or school nurseries

The 15 hours must be offered free of charge at the point of delivery. However, the provider can charge for any additional hours or services that your child may access at their setting.

Some children may be able to access up to 30 hours free childcare

When is my child entitled to a FEEE place?

  • If the child is born on or between 1 April and 31 August they will be eligible for a free place from 1 September following their third birthday.
  • If the child is born on or between 1 September and 31 December they will be eligible for a free place from 1 January following their third birthday.
  • If the child is born on or between 1 January and 31 March they will be eligible for a free place from 1 April following their third birthday.

How do I access FEEE?

  • Choose your early years setting. When you are confident your child will be happy there, you need to register with them by completing a Parent Agreement Form.
  • Provide proof of eligibility for free entitlement (eg birth certificate) and agree the hours your child will attend the setting.
  • To access FEEE, your child must be registered and have attended the setting by at least the headcount week near the beginning of each term.
  • Though your child should be included on headcount forms by their setting if they qualify, you should check with your setting that they are applying for the funding on your behalf.

To find out more contact the Families Information Service or speak to your local childcare provider. Details of Ofsted registered childcare providers.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 12 Feb 2019 at 14:19