Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

For parents with children aged 2

Hillingdon Council is offering access to free childcare for two year olds.

Child playing with teddy

To qualify for the scheme parents must either:

  • have to be in receipt of one of a number of benefits (eg Income Support, Tax Credits)
  • have a household income of less than £16,190
  • be looking after a child who is fostered or adopted

How can I apply?

Please select the "Apply now" button to complete our online eligibility checking form.  

Apply now

How will my child benefit?

Free childcare can support your child's learning and development. They will explore, experiment, and learn to share and socialise - all of which will help them to be ready to start school when old enough. It can also provide free childcare for parents/carers who are on a low income. Childcare is also good for families - it can give you a bit more time to spend with your other children, take up a college course, or go back to work.

child playing

When your child reaches three

All children are entitled to receive Free Early Education Entitlement Funding following the term after they reach three years old. We endeavour to place children where they can move smoothly from two to three year old funding.

If your childcare provider is unable to accommodate your child at three, you should inform the Families' Information Service who will find an alternative childcare provider.

When your child turns two, you should register them for a local authority nursery place for when they're three, since places are limited. 

Further information

If you would like to talk to someone about the free childcare entitlement for two year olds, please contact the Families' Information Service.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 16 Dec 2019 at 10:49