Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Concerned about a child's safety?

Advice and contact details if you are concerns about a child.

Group of children

If you are worried a child has been abused or is at risk:

  • talk to them, listen calmly, don't get angry, reassure them that it's not their fault and encourage them to tell you what's happened
  • if you think they are in immediate harm or need medical attention call 999
  • for further advice and guidance, and to report the matter contact Hillingdon MASH

What if a child is being bullied at school?

  • talk to their school and ask for their support/help with the bullying
  • you can also visit Childline's website for more information on bullying

Worried about someone who is working with children

If you have concerns about someone who works with children you should speak to the person's manager about your concerns. They will contact the Local Authority within one working day of being informed of the risk and take appropriate action. The Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO), Rob Wratten, can be contacted on 01895 250975.

Someone has acted inappropriately online

If someone acts inappropriately towards a child or young person online you must report it. It may be sexual chat, being asked to do something that makes them feel uncomfortable or someone being insistent on meeting up with them.

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column

Useful websites

Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 02 Jan 2018 at 15:03