Putting our residents first
Top menu
Search our website: Search

Reporting fraud and corruption

How to report your suspicions.

Female on the Telephone

If you suspect that someone is committing fraud against the council, or that a council employee is guilty of corruption, you can report this directly to the council's Counter Fraud Team via a special telephone hotline.

Fraud and corruption includes:

  • subletting or not living in your council house
  • claiming a single person discount on your council tax when there are other adults in your household
  • not declaring savings, income or financial assets in order to get social care payments, a grant or a Council Tax Reduction from the council
  • a council officer taking a bribe in exchange for an unfair advantage
  • staff carrying out private work during council work time

If you suspect any of these, or any other fraud or corruption, please report it using the contact details below. Anything you tell the Counter Fraud Team is treated in the strictest confidence.

  • 0800 389 8313 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm (outside this timeframe you will need to report the fraud via the form below)
  • email: fraud@hillingdon.gov.uk
  • letter marked "Private and Confidential" to: Counter Fraud Manager, 2N, Civic Centre, High Street, Uxbridge, UB8 1UW

Report fraud

Is there anything wrong with this page?

* What would you like to report?
Broken link
Out of date information
Missing information
Report a problem with a service

* Please provide further details:

Please include your email in case we need further details (optional):

This feedback tool is for improving our pages. To report a problem with a service, please email: contact@hillingdon.gov.uk

Your feedback could not be sent - please ensure you have completed all fields.

Thank you for your feedback.

Related column
Article utilities:  Bookmark and Share Print Print this page Last updated: 14 Nov 2019 at 14:58